Monday, November 24, 2008

When the World turns White..


I look and wonder at the muted space;
The barren lands; The stark landscape.
Sheets of ice frozen far and wide,
'My World' here, devoid of the slightest hints of life?
I refuse to swallow this bitter truth;
Reality, most of all is hard to bite.

A cold gust blew across my bare face
Is this the last leaf, to foresake its long fending tree?
I stare, I writhe, struck in the semblance of solitude.
I feel the chill and my heart deep down sinks,
As I lament with tears in agony and emptiness.

The shrill yearning whine! shattering my profound thoughts
Do I hear it wrong? I blink my tears off;
A heartbeat at my feet with adoring eyes,
Wagging its tail, laden with hope;
The faith in its mistress unflinching at all odds.
Personifying faith; I now comprehend is Life's essence.

Lucid in my thoughts, the fog disentangled,
And my days of loneness, in a jify swept away!
The tiny whelp reiterated Life's quintessence;
Fortitude reborn, I face the World afresh.

-Veena

No comments: